Sunday 6 November 2011

Week 7

My First Gesture
This week we need to make are own custom gestures, using the animations that are already in second life. Gestures give the avatars move life/personality. If I wanted to I could use gestures in my assignment, when a player scores a point they could jump up in joy, it just adds that little bit more life to the game. The gesture I made this week is a mix between the point and finger wag animations. I put a wait in between the two animations, so the second animation does not cancel the first one out. I set the wait for 1.5 seconds so it will switch to second animation half way though the first one.

Qavimator
I tried out Qavimator, what is used to make animations for second life. I used the timeline to change the position of the bones over time. I don’t think I will be using Qavimator to do animations for my assignments, as I don’t plan to have any avatar animations for my game.

No comments:

Post a Comment